Monday, May 2, 2011

My Homeschool Mother Journal 5.2.11

{In my life this week…}


Pretty busy.  Ridiculously so in fact.  The calendar hasn't shown busy at the beginning of the week, but then things are added, and added, and added, by Saturday....  I usually ready to sleep for a week. 

Last week there were Dr appts... and then one the very next day so we could be "squeezed" in for a procedure. 

...Then a wedding shower for a couple at church and there was much running around and preparing for that. 

This week the calendar is showing pretty empty....  Hoping it stays that way... and I can get some serious gardening done and some plants in the ground!


{In our homeschool this week…}

This coming week the big kids have a placement test for the community college.  They want to attend there through a program called Running Start.  If they pass the test (I am sure they will)  they will take classes next fall.

I think I am ready for this.
Maybe.

For Hunter... we have really been working on teaching to the little camcorder that is in his head.  Doing lots of Spelling work with the Right Brain techniques....  I think I am going to buy Dianne Craft's video course to help me better grasp all of what she talks about on her website.  It is really making a huge difference in our school days.   
We are also reading through some of the classics in literature....  we have finished Dr. Doolittle and we are on now to Anne of Green Gables...  which I am liking much better than the mini series.

{Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…}

Tayler has her last game this week.  Softball this year has been swift and furious, but very fun.  The game is in West Valley and that is past Yakima....  I will be staying home for that one. 

I plan on having quality time in my garden.  The farthest I want to travel this week is to the side pasture.

Oh... and the big kids are off to a Youth Retreat with church for Friday and Saturday.... good times for them.

{My favorite thing this week was…}

My husband.  He came with me to the wedding shower.  (which if you knew my manly-man, is a heroically selfless gesture) 

{What’s working/not working for us…}

Right now the biggest thing that IS working is Right Brained Teaching Techniques from Dianne Craft.  If you have a child that struggles in reading and memorization of math facts... please check out her site and see if it will help you!

http://www.diannecraft.org/


{Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…}

How do you go about starting a Co-op?  Anyone got some advice?

{A photo, video, link, or quote to share…}

Don't be a captive to your past.  Jesus has forgiven it.  You should to.

Philippians 3:13  " Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do,  forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,"

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Link up @ The Homeschool Chick and share your Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...